Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Time to Confess

It seems inevitable.

No matter how hard I work at getting rid of clutter and unloved items, there is a constant influx of STUFF coming into my home.

Last week it was freebies (at least no $ headed out) - books, toys, baby hangers, a shelf (I actually found something with potential on my CL!). I can, and will, use everything - but I can't help feeling that as much as I work to de-clutter, the clutter keeps following me.

I really think it's stalking me.

Should I file a restraining order?

How do you control the clutter bug?

6 comments:

Danielle and Clint said...

Well when I get rid of the unwanted, I usually will find something that will replace it also, but I HAVE to use it! That is my number one rule. Otherwise, it's out of my home.

AJ said...

I started requesting grandparents to pool together for holidays and birthdays and purchase one large (preferably outside) toy/gift. That helps some. Other than that, you have to constantly stay on top of it (which I don't) so some of it is inevitable. But as much as a clean freak as I am, I'd rather sit and snuggle my munchkins than have a completely organized house. And it's taken me a lot of practice to get to that point:)

McCarthy Designs said...

It is a never ending battle! Having great strorage helps keep it all under control. xx

pixie said...

As soon as we buy something new, we in turn have to give away something old. That goes for clothes, shoes, toys... you name it. I've gotten the kids used to doing this too. Whenever they get a new thing, they have to give away something in return. So far it's worked, but it's still hard for us to part with things!

Jennifer Rizzo said...

I cannot keep up myself! Today it was torn paper!!!

Laura said...

It is difficult! I do have a three present rule at Christmas. No one (including Mom & Dad) is allowed to get the kids more than three presents, cause with out the rule, my mom would find 12 or 13 presents EACH! That does help keep some of the toy clutter at bay... We also have a great charity thrift store that has a drive thru donation center, so I just fill up a bag or box or three and drive it over. Don't even have to get out of the car! Yeah, and I'm still drowning in clutter...