Monday, March 22, 2010

Thrifting!

On Saturday morning hubs and I dropped Peanut off at a friend's house.

We had a hot date...at a garage sale ;)

Last week when I dropped off my donations for the church rummage sale I spied a ton of furniture. I figured it would be a great place to check for a dresser for Peanut's new room. I wanted something cheap (less than $40) with no particle board. I'd been stalking the local GW, but kept coming up empty handed.

We showed up early and the doors were already open (and it was a madhouse). We kept going down the row of furniture, but nothing caught my eye; I was begining to get discouraged.

And then we saw this:

yep, that's a terrible picture of a beat up dresser

And then I saw this:

sold!

Now it's sitting in my garage ready to be sanded and painted!



I'm linking this up to the Thrifty Treasures party
at Southern Hospitality - come check it out!

9 comments:

McCarthy Designs said...

Great find, Can't wait to see what you do with it! xx

Meg said...

Oh, this is going to be good! Can't wait to see the 'after!' Fifteen dollars is a fabulous price.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Awesome chest and the PRICE rocks! Come by and share it with all of us at NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS!

Blessings,
Linda

Laura said...

Great price. You must have a terrible, wonderful idea in your head for it. I can't wait to see!

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

I can't wait to see what you do with that piece... it just needs a little love!

Jennifer Rizzo said...

Id say it's the right price and will be really cute when you are done!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I KNOW this will be fab when you are done with it!! It would make a good post for the next "Progress" party. ;) Thanks for dropping by today!

McCarthy Designs said...

Hi Alanna Rose, Just wanted to let you know that I have an award for you. You can stop by my blog to collect it. Have a great weekend! xx

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Get out! I don't think I knew you are pg...did I know that? ;) Congrats!! You have a whole new world ahead of you...bawahahaha. ;)