One of my exciting tasks today was "clean hall closet." You see, I was sick of all the phone books falling every time I went in to get just one, plus it was very dusty. So I cleaned, and I went through all of the coats and mitten/glove/scarf/hat combinations. I do not think I have gotten rid of a single set of mittens or gloves since I left Houghton; I have a donation bag of 15 sets of mittens and gloves, a bunch of scarves and hats, and that count doesn't include all of the single mittens and gloves that were thrown away.
But the best "stuff" came out of the jacket pockets from the old ski jacket I wore at school- I figured I should go through them before I gave the jacket away, common courtesy, right?
Keep in mind, this was a Columbia with many pockets.
* program from Queen's 2001
* myriad of notes from the AGD message board to call "Jacko" - many written on green graphing paper, or obvious Chem Eng scoop exams
* voided check to KFC from 3/2002
* Daily Bull from 2/1/2002, 4/26/2002 and 11/14/2002
* receipts from Jim's - the best one includes 2 bottles of white wine, Jim Beam, vodka, Pepsi and a pasty
* receipts from Greek Personals in the Load
* class schedule and account statement Spring 2002
* interesting rocks
* a quarter
It was kind of fun looking through the pockets, every folded piece of paper brought back a memory.