Thursday, September 07, 2006

3 years

Yesterday Jocko and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary; at least we would have if he hadn't been out of town for work (thanks, Marathon). I was pretty bummed about him not being here and so I moped around for most of the day, a delivery of flowers temporarily lifted my spirits.

I love them, and Jocko wrote me the nicest little flower card. I was a bit worried about where to put them, because pink isn't exactly in our color palette. I knew they wouldn't work in the deep red dining room, and the table is the wrong scale for the arrangement anyway,so I plunked them on the kitchen table. And wouldn't you know, the pink looks very nice in my cream-with-red-accents kitchen.

12 comments:

allison said...

Hooray for flowers and anniversaries! Congrats and hugs to both of you. :)

mel_fitz said...

pretty flowers. Jocko is nice!

Laura said...

Congrats to you two!

Diana Stark said...

It's wonderful to get flowers on occasion. Good job Jacko!! They're beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I love flowers... I buy myself some when I grocery shop every once in awhile... We all deserve it!

-Erin

Erika said...

Congrats! :)

Adrienne said...

Congratulations! And... I am jealous of your counterspace.

jr_michels said...

They are very pretty. Congrats...

karen c konkel said...

Beautiful! I think it's funny that you had to find the perfect table for the scale of the flowers. Next time just tell him to go bigger. :) j/k!

Kara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kara said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. The flowers are beautiful and I love the vase.

heather s. said...

I think it's funny that you had to find somewhere that they fit into your color scheme. ;) I just put them in the living room or dining room - whichever the vase fits better (the living room flowers go on top of the tv so generally only smaller arrangements go there).

Congrats!