Friday, August 18, 2006

sunshine

OK, so it isn't sunny, but the mail came and I got a package! My purse came from Karen today! It was packed in an incredibly hilarious 1980's Casual Corner box, which made me laugh (and then Karen had commented on it's high cheese-factor in a note she enclosed).

Can I just say that I love this bag?! Karen - it is very well constructed, and I'm going to look v. cute carrying it when I'm running around town.

And there was an envelope in the mail, too (there were actually many envelopes, but this one was better than a bill). The mortgage company over estimated our insurance and taxes for the past year and issued us a healthy check. I know this isn't new money, and truth-be-told it will most likely just get added onto our next mortgage payment, but the thought that I could go buy a new couch or take a nice little vacation is very tempting.

Oh, and I decided to cyber-stalk my ultra crush from high school, Robin Sloan. He is a journalist now, and lives in San Francisco, and from the picture on his site, he is bald and not as attractive as he was in high school. I think I'll stick with my nerdy-engineer, also bald, Taco :)

7 comments:

Crystal said...

Ewww.. he may be special enough to graduate with Dick Cheney in the room, but his looks are definitely not the greatest.

I've already tried looking up all my old crushes. Maybe I'll write a blog entry about them.

alanna rose said...

He was so cute in high school, and ueber smart, but when I look back now he just seems really pretentous (sp?). I wonder if he'll go to our 10 year reunion....

AJ said...

Our mortgage company did that back in April, can you beleive that, April? So they sent us a check, but they didn't take into account the letter that I sent them telling them that our taxes were going up this year. So now, in August when our big ass tax bill is due, they front the extra money, and it all evens back out in Dec. Now isn't that the damn dumbest thing you've ever heard? But that's the way they do it!

Anonymous said...

I want pictures of the purse -- not Robin.

Erin Byrge said...

I love packages... sometimes I order cheap stuff from oriental trader just to get a package - it can really make a day better!!

Danielle Michelle said...

I want to see the purse! I need ot buy one I think...note the need...hmmmm...

rae rae said...

your uber crush sent my gaydar in motion lol