Saturday, May 20, 2006

Happy Happy

So today was my birthday, and it was nice. Jocko got me a frog garden statue, it's actually just what I wanted, and I hid it in the bushes in front of the house. I like it when there are little things hiding for you to find if you only look hard enough :)

This afternoon we went to the track because it was pole day for the upcoming race. I put on my sunscreen but forgot the tips of my ears, so they are a little crisp. We had a lot of fun, I won;t be going to the race this year, so it was nice to still be able to go to the track and see the cars run. I love how fast they are and the noise, and the smell, too. Then on the way home we went to El Rodeo (small, hole-in-the-wall Mexican place) fro dinner, mmm...good food!

The real birthday present is dinner tomorrow night. We are going to St. Elmo's, it's a super-nice steak house downtown that is famous for its shrimp cocktail sauce. Jocko says that it has so much horseradish in it that if you take a wiff your nose hairs will singe - can't wait.

11 comments:

mel_fitz said...

happy belated 26th, Hoe!!! I'll call ya today and see ya... Tuesday??

Erika said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday!

Crystal said...

Happy birthday, Alanna.

About that shrimp cocktail.. I remember when you used to put cocktail sauce on everything. I remember you eating Ritz crackers with just cocktail sauce on them. It was so nasty. Ahhh.. those were the days.

Stephie said...

Happy Birthday!

heather said...

Happy belated birthday! :)

Danielle McLeod said...

Happy Birthday!

jonesy said...

Happy belated birthday! I can totally see you wanting a frog garden statue.... :-D

Y Garcia-Smith said...

Feliz CumpleaƱos!

AJ said...

Happy Birthday! Well, was the cocktail sauce everything you dreamed it would be??

Kara said...

Happy belated birthday. I hope you enjoy dinner!!!