Monday, November 12, 2007

expensive little piggie

As suspected Zippy has a GI tract infection. In fact she has a certain bacteria that is deadly, so I'm glad I took her to the vet so we could figure this all out.

I'm sure you're all wondering "How much does it cost to keep a pig healthy?" This time the price was $135.65 - I know it's a bit ridiculous, but she's my little buddy, and she relies on me for everything, I can't let her die. Believe me, I was half expecting the vet to tell me that she is old (5 years), and probably wouldn't make it, then I was going to bring her home and have a local vet help her "over the bridge." But her vet felt there is no reason she won't feel better after an extensive round of antibiotics, pain medications and probiotics. Add all of those meds to three syringe feedings,four syringe waterings and a new vitamin; and you have one confused Alanna. So after I post this I am making a spreadsheet to keep track of Zippy's new schedule.

FYI - Zippy is now accompanying us on vacation, what a pampered little pig.

5 comments:

AJ said...

You are such a good momma!

Anonymous said...

Awww. $1600 cat surgery. That is all I have to say.

Anonymous said...

o boy. now she has a bladder worth $600 and a GI worth $135.

Kara said...

At least she is going to make it. She is definitely spoiled...attending vacations now :)

Danielle Michelle said...

Yeah Zippy! Baby needs a big sister!