Monday, July 06, 2009

sweet sixteen

JJ is sixteen months old.

I can't believe it.

To celebrate, on Sat night he climbed out of the pack-n-play and onto the (very high) bed in my parents' guest room, made himself a little nest and went to sleep. I had the monitor turned on, and no one heard him do it. He's a ninja.

He has also started sleeping through the night. He has always slept at night, but has woken up once or twice and needed me to rock him or nurse him (still nursing! :) ) back to sleep. On June 18th I woke up and realized I had had a full night of uninterrupted sleep, he's slept through every night since (except if we've been out of town). I love sleeping :)

Last week he also had his first hair cut. We went to the barber shop and he did so well - he just sat in the chair and looked around. I made sure to save his baby hair, and he got a certificate and a ribbon for being so good, but I decided he didn't need a sucker (because I am the fun police).

I love Binky!


Peanut Butter Jelly Time!


One last milestone, JJ is finally into saying "Daddy." I know it makes J happy, but for the most part, he just runs around babbling nonsensically and singing the "Mama Song." And we think he's perfect :)

9 comments:

AJ said...

Yay JJ! Sleep is wonderful!

He totally makes me want a PB&J, too!

Stephie said...

He is so adorable!
Do you like that high chair? I think it's like the one we registered for!

Michelle said...

Yay for sleep!! The world is a much happier place with a full night's rest :)

Did the first haircut make you a little bit sad? I felt like Noah wasn't my little boy anymore... he was more like a little man.

Diana said...

I give you a lot of credit for sticking w/ nursing at 16 months...by 12 months, I was ready to give it up (sort of :)

JJ looks awesome!!

alanna rose said...

Michelle - I teared up all day because of the haircut, totally turned him into a little man. Growing up is hard :(

Laura said...

JJ looks like such a little man with the hair cut! I can no longer put a ponytail in his hair!
PS- I totally wish that I could eat topless. Do you know how many shirts that would save from being stained?

Danielle Michelle said...

Of course Ninja baby is perfect!

Charlie and Kara said...

What a cutie pie! I still have a hard time with Patrick's haircuts. I'm afraid to lose the curls!

We're going up for reunion. Are you bringing JJ? Can't wait to see everyone!

Marissa Grossenbach said...

Congrats on BF-ing!!! We're at 8 months and counting ... hoping to continue it as long as you have!!! :) --Marissa