Saturday, August 08, 2009

project: let's eat fish!

In June our little family vacationed with friends in Destin, FL.
We had a great time :)

The guys chartered a deep sea fishing boat for a day.
They had a great time :)

There are approx. 25 lbs of frozen fish in my freezer.
Yowzer.


The Proud Fisherman and his Spoils


I love fish, but I really don't cook it all that often. Maybe it's because we live in Ohio (read: land of little water), and I don't trust most of the fish I see at our local grocery. Maybe it's because I'm just lazy when it comes to cooking fish (that's probably it). At any rate I need to start cooking up this fish so that I have room in my freezer again (so I can fill it back up with ice cream).

The Exhaustive Fish List*
(what's chilling in the freezer):
Amber Jack
Red Snapper
Wahoo (I have no clue what that is)
Grouper
Black Fin Tuna
Trigger Fish

Tomorrow I am cooking Spicy Red Snapper. I'll let you know how it goes!

*the proud fisherman would like you to know that he also caught a barracuda, but they are apparently inedible

No comments: