G hit the nine month mark last week, and he immidiately got busy getting into trouble.
The most commonly heard word in our house is "no." I know, I've read the same books you have. I am sorry, but that is the word that comes out of my mouth when he:
* breaks my brand-new not-cheap fireplace screen.
* tries to chew on the cord for the computer, tv, Christmas tree...
* climbs into the bathtub by himself.
* climbs out of his high chair and sits on the tray. (totally thought that would be a safe place to trap him for the 63 sec I need to get the mail)
* sits in the warming drawer on the oven.
* eats through the bite guard on his crib.
* gnaws on the water turn-off under the toilet.
Sounds like he hangs out by himself all day, huh? Nope, I'm on him 24-7 and he still manages to get into everything. I think he needs a kennel. Don't worry I would totally pad it and give him some toys ;)