Friday, January 05, 2007

in case you were wondering...

It is entirely possible to start a fire in your microwave.

1. pop a bag of popcorn for breakfast.
2. do something else while it is popping.
3. return and stare at the horrific amount of smoke pouring out of the microwave.
4. open windows and turn on the fans.

The saddest part is, that was the last bag of popcorn, and I am still really craving popped goodness :(

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Bummer. My parents' foreign exchange student fried a bag of popcorn, and their microwave turned yellow inside and reeked of fake butter for months. :( My mom's a huge fan of making "homemade" microwave popcorn by using a thick paper bag, popcorn kernels, oil, and salt. I haven't tried it yet.

Kara said...

Oh the awful smell that must have poured out of your microwave. It takes forever to rid the smell of burnt popcorn.

Laura said...

Poor Alanna! Come on over, I'll make you some pop corn. I'll even watch the microwave for you!

mel_fitz said...

I do that about once a week. And burnt popcorn is not etible (sp?)