And we found a new cafe.
And I had lemonade while my dad had a bloody Mary.
He's mean like that ;)
I came home with my usual, large haul of loveliness...and a nice container of wild raspberries.
They reminded me of the berries we'd pick at Camp Narrin growing up (tear).
Imagine my surprise when they were not as sweet as the berries of my youth.
Adding sugar seems to fix everything, so I decided a small batch of jam was in order.
Using the power of the google, I found this recipe.
So easy. So delicious. Nom nom nom.
equal parts raspberries and sugar (I used 2 cups of berries and 2 cups of sugar)
squeeze of fresh lemon juice (optional, but I highly suggest this)
What you do:
1. Place freshly washed berries in a sauce pot. (as the jam cooks it will double in size, so plan accordingly)
2. Mash the berries while you bring them to a rolling boil over med-highish heat.
3. Boil for 2 min.
4. Add sugar and lemon juice and stir well.
5. While stirring constantly, bring to a rolling boil.
6. Boil for 2 min.
7. DONE! Place in sterilized jam jars and seal (I just stuck mine in the fridge, we'll go through this jam super fast)
Joining the fun at Ashley's Ta-Da Tuesday Party!