Tuesday, September 07, 2010

we're back!

We're back from our week at Houghton Lake. On the way back we even got to stop at Laura's farm! I love her pigs! And her bebes, of course ;)

I want a cottage. "Want" is not strong enough...I need a getaway place about two hours from my house. On the water, no tv, lots of board games, a live in nanny would also be helpful ;)

fishing

Anyway, right after Max was born one of my friends gave me a copy of Mitten Strings for God by Katrina Kenison, I had a chance to read it while we were gone, and it was wonderful! I highly recommend it for all parents. In fact I'm ordering a whole bunch of copies for my expectant friends. I'm really thinking of doing a read along on the other blogg-o, if you are interested please let me know.

4 comments:

AJ said...

Glad you had fun on your trip! Sounds like a good book too, I need some additional holy interaction in my life...we went to church Sunday for the first time since my sister's wedding in late July, oops!

AJ said...

Okay so I just saw on the other blog that the book isn't religious, but rather about slowing down...I could also use that:)

Michelle said...

OK -- I totally want to be part of the read along if it happens... count me in :)

Love the lake picture -- so cute!!

Danielle Michelle said...

Never heard of that book...what's it about? I'd like ot read it - I'm always up for a good book!