Thursday, January 26, 2012

cute hair, yucky outfits

I left you hanging after I fretted over my new hair cut.

I got bangs!
I love them!
I have been doing my hair everyday (some days it's cuter than others), but I definitely feel more put together than I did just running around with a ponytail everyday.

Last night I experimented with going to bed with wet hair...honestly it was less an experiment and more me being too tired to properly dry my hair.

This is how I woke up:

Yikes.

And then I added a hat...hand-knits from Mom tend to make life better.


Not really an improvement.

Then I just really needed some coffee, and home brew was not going to cut it. So I actually left the house looking like this:

attention Walmart shoppers...

I assume you are all denying having a friendship with me. I totally understand.
(At least it was just the Starbucks drive thru, if I was actually going to get out of the car I would have put a bra** on.)

This is unacceptable; I feel awful when I look like this. So this week I'm going to put in more effort when getting dressed, and I'm going to take some more grainy pics (perhaps they'll all be in the old mirrored closet doors living in my garage), and then I will have a cute What I Wore Wednesday post to share next week :)



** I have been completely sucked into ads for the Genie Bra. I'm beginning to believe in its magical properties (the ability to lift and separate all). I swear I saw a display at Target...

Linking up at The Pleated Poppy.
pleated poppy


PS - I meant to publish this yesterday, but my internet connection has a mind of its own...

8 comments:

Ferguson said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL This whole post is complete proof of why i LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!! I miss you so much! Would you feel better if i told you i wore the same outfit 3 days in a row because 1-I never sweated and 2 I never really went anywhere where anyone would see me:)

AJ said...

I still go out to do errands in jammie pants! Some things probably will never change:)

Super cute hair!!

AJ said...

My very well endowed friend at work uses genie bras. She swears by their comfort, but they don't have quite as much lift as an underwire.

Laura said...

I seriously almost drove off the road because I was laughing so hard. I shouldn't read blogs while driving. you absolutely crack me up you are too funny.

Aarthi said...

nice hair style

Aarthi
http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

Kathy said...

:)

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I LOVITY LOVE the bangs! And for the record, I'd go out with you looking like that anytime. I, however, would totally have to wear a bra....don't want to trip....

Chelsea @ {twotwentyone} said...

Haha! Way to keep it real. I can't tell you how many times I've gone through a drive-thru dressed like a hobo.